Wednesday 28 May 2014

Watch the birdy...

For most of the year I've been using my graphics tablet on a wireless connection for my classes.  This means I can sit up the back, and the students just focus on the projector as I write and explain things, like watching a movie.  This has been working OK, or so I thought.

Today I gave them pre-written notes and did examples on the whiteboard the classic way, with a pen and talking and walking around.  The result was that my usually disconnected students were putting their hand up and answering questions frequently, freely and quickly participating as I asked them how to solve things.  They were like a real class, I didn't have to rouse on any of them.

So the moral of the story is that my Year 10s need someone drawing their focus up the front, constantly flitting about entertaining them.

Perhaps I should have gone to clown college.

No comments:

Post a Comment